Sunday, March 12, 2006


this is an audio post - click to play
:more than just golf:
The "Lion" of professional golf, the blue collar golfer, the man's man himself John Daly has put out a new cd with recordings like "All My Exes Wear Rolexes" and the title soundtrack "My Life".
His life has been interesting and filled with ex-wives. As a babysitter for John and his 4th or 5th current wife who was recently arrested on charges of drug possession and money laundering, I know this myth of a man is just not the giant lion he tries to portray himself to be. When I babysat for him last summer, it was probably one of the most ridiculous experiences I will ever have. It taught me a great lesson though--that all that glitters isn't gold. I wouldn't trade my life for his any day. I ended up getting about $42, half in singles, for a six hour day with two kids under the age of 5. He may be celebrated as a 'normal' guy with 'normal' problems. If you consider 'normal' problems being alcoholism and gambling, which he is widely known for and a wife with criminal habits, you have found a hero in John Daly. I for one, am disappointed in the 'family' guy; the one who was celebrated in all the papers for his charity work. Daly should title his cd "Double Life".
audio clip and photo from johndaly.com

No comments: